About the Library
CMK College came into existence in 1970. The magnificent college library is located in the center of the campus in an exclusive building designed for the purpose. The library comprises following sections: Reading rooms, Research Room, IT zone, periodical and reference section etc. Together, all the sections of our library display a rich collection of more than 28,000 books and 40 periodicals/ magazines. INFLIBNET and DELNET facility is also available in the library. The Library provides a book-bank facility too for lending text books to needy and deserving students for whole academic session. Internet facility is now available for students inside the library premises itself.
Vision & Mission
The mission of the college Library is to facilitate creation of new knowledge through the acquisition, organization and dissemination of information resources and providing for value added services.
The main thrust of the library is to continue to improve the quality of services and facilities, achieve high degree of users' satisfaction and endeavor to facilitate right information to the right user, at the right time.
Library Advisory Committee
The college has a Library Advisory Committee to facilitate effective and smooth governance of the library. As per the need, it meets to discuss various issues related to library facilities and services. It consists of the following members:
Members of the advisory committee are:
||Dr. Vijaya Tomar
||Mrs. Rakesh Singla
||Dr. Veer Bala Sharma
||Mrs. Luxmi Phutela
||Mrs. Sangeeta Nanda
||Dr. Saroj Bala
Know Your Library
- Books: 28,924
- Magazines: 29
- Print Journals: 10
- Newspapers: 19
Library has a very flexible working schedule throughout the year. It opens before the institutions opening time and closes after the closing time so that readers have an opportunity to use the library without disturbance to their academic schedules.
- Circulation Counter 9.00 a.m. to 1.30 p.m. (Monday to Saturday except gazetted Holiday)
- Reading Areas 8.30 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. (Except Sundays and gazetted Holiday)
Users must leave Library Five minutes before closing time to ensure proper checking and locking of the Library.
Library Rules as Approved by the Library Committee
- Without ID card no student will be allowed to enter in the Library.
- While entering the library, readers/Users should leave their personal belongings, such as bags, brief-cases, personal books, and parcels etc. near the counter reserved for this purpose. However, they can carry loose papers.
- Readers/Users leaving the library will be subject to searched. Students will allow official to do their duty.
- Readers/Users should maintain peace in the library and should not disturb other users in any way. USE OF MOBILE PHONE IS PROHIBITED IN THE LIBRARY.
- Readers/Users should not deface, mark, cut, mutilate or damage library material in any way. If anyone is found doing so, he will be charged the full replacement cost of the Book/material and also disciplinary action.
- Reference Books and reference material should be read within the Library and these will not be issued.
- While entering the Library, every User should write his name in the Register kept at the entrance, one time in a day.
- While borrowing books, if the borrower finds the missing of a few pages in a book, it should be informed to Library staff at the counter. After issuing the books he/she will be responsible for missing pages.
- Any student found guilty of mutilation of books or journals, or of misusing the library facilities will be liable to disciplinary action which may include expulsion from college.
- The Librarian has power to recall library books anytime, if required.
- Books are physically returned to the library before re-issue/ transfer.
Services and Facilities
- Numbers of documents permitted to be borrowed at a time:
- Category of Library Members
||Category of Users
||No. of Books
||6 Month (i.e.1st July to 31st December and 1st January to 30th June)
||Under Graduate / Post Graduate Students
- The ID card is non-transferable and their loss should be immediately reported to the library. A fee of Rs.100/- will be charged for issuing a duplicate ID card.
- Journals, current issue of the Journal and Magazines etc. will not be issued out of the library to anybody. It will be used in Library only against submitting Users ID card on circulation counter.
Reference Service implies the provision of human being as canvassing agent for the learning resources. It truly, reveals the position of the library ethics, and is in fact, barometer of library reputation amongst its patrons. Reference Desk, headed by a Librarian. The Librarian, assisted by other library staff, guides/helps the library users in location, selection of documents/information, use of OPAC, and to procure information from other libraries if the need be. It is here that fresher's are offered orientation programme to apprise them of library organization and services.
Issue and Return
- The borrower may return or renew the book on or before the due date. For renewing, presentation of the material along with the ID card is necessary. Renewal is not permitted if a demand is pending for the material.
- If a book is not returned to the library when due, the borrower will be fined
||Fine up to 14 days
||Fine After 14 Days
||Post Graduate/ Under Graduate Students
Penalty for Loss of Book (s)
- In case of a book borrowed by User, he/she will either replace the same title (same or latest edition) or pay two times the cost of the book and Rs.100/- handling charge within one month otherwise overdue fine will be charged. Cost of book may be differ than cost of lost. The old book and rare book presently not available readily in market may cost more to the borrower. The fixation of price in such case will be done by the competent authority.
Book bank facility is available for lending text book to needy and deserving students for whole academic session.
Reprographic Facilities is available in library on payment basis during all working days.
On Line Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) is the representation of the library's collection of learning resources. The catalogue is accessible to the bonafide use
E- Resources and Open Resources
- DELNET ( Developing Library Network) : access to e- Journal and e- books
Ask your college Library for User ID and Password to access DELNET resources www.delnet.nic.in/index.htm
- N-LIST (National Library and Information services Infrastructure for Scholarly Content): access to e- journals and e- books
Ask your college Library for User ID and Password to access NLIST resources www.nlist.inflibnet.ac.in